Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Microsoft say they sell 7 copies of Windows 7 every second. You have to be kidding, right?

Microsoft announced a few days ago an information which is quite suspicious, at least for me, and I think I'm not the only one. They said that they sold 150 million copies of Windows 7, meaning they have been selling 7 copies every second since they launched it. 150 million Windows 7 sold? 7 copies every second? Hmmmm....

Let's calculate something. Let's say that those 150 million copies, were all upgrades, to Windows 7 Home Premium. Its price is $120. This means that... they had somewhere about $18 billion income (yes, $18 000 000 000). But I'm sure that they also sold lots of Windows 7 Ultimate full version, at the price of $320. These numbers, for a company which is still market by the fail of Vista, seem that to be not pretty real. I don't say that Microsoft is lying, I say only that it is hard to believe something like this.

What do you think? Do these numbers seem real to you?

More on Microsoft's blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment